Boozy Shamrock Shakes
These vanilla-mint milkshakes are spiked with creme de menthe and Irish cream liqueur for a yummy and festive St. Patrick's Day treat!
- Author: Kelly @ Butter and Thyme
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 5 cups 1x
- Category: dessert, drink, quick & easy
- Method: no cook, blender
- Cuisine: Irish American
- 2 1/4 cups vanilla ice cream (packed)
- 1/3 cup 2% milk or sub. any milk
- 3 ounces green creme de menthe liqueur
- 3 ounces Irish cream liqueur, i.e. Bailey's
- 2 cups of ice
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, maraschino cherries, sprinkles, and hot fudge
- Add all ingredients to a blender: ice cream, milk, creme de menthe, Irish cream, and ice. Blend on high speed until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Pour the milkshakes into glasses and top with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry if using. Serve immediately.
- Adjust the consistency by adding more milk (to make it thinner) or more ice cream (to make it thicker).
- This recipe makes enough for 2 large milkshakes (20 ounces each) or 4 smaller milkshakes (10 ounces each).
Keywords: boozy shamrock shake recipe, alcoholic shamrock shake