Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bar Recipe
Make your own General Mills copycat Milk 'n Cereal Bars at home! This homemade milk and cereal bar recipe is so easy to make, and so delicious. The best part is the milk-flavored icing that gets drizzled over the top... YUM!
- Author: Kelly @ Butter and Thyme
- Prep Time: 5 min.
- Inactive Time: 2 hrs.
- Cook Time: 10 min.
- Total Time: 2 hrs. 15 min.
- Yield: 8 bars 1x
- Category: dessert, breakfast, copycat
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Cereal Bar Ingredients
- 6 cups (10 oz.) cinnamon toast crunch
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp table salt (or ~ 1/2 tsp kosher salt)
Milk Frosting Ingredients
- 2 tbsp whole milk powder (or nonfat milk powder)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp whole milk
- 2 tsp corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the cereal in a large bowl. In a small sauce pot, add corn syrup, butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, and stir until melted and smooth. Cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble vigorously. Continue to cook about 2 min. longer until foamy and slightly thickened. Working quickly, pour the mixture over the cereal, mix well to combine, and press firmly into bottom of the pan. Let cool completely – at least 1 hour.
- Make the milk icing: combine all ingredients in a bowl, starting with just 1 tbsp of milk – whisk until smooth. If needed, add up to 1 tbsp more milk a couple drops at a time until you reach desired consistency. Set aside.
- Remove the cereal treats from the pan and cut into individual bars (you can cut them any size you want, but I cut them into 2x4" bars to mimic the store-bought General Mills cereal bars). Drizzle the milk icing liberally on top of the bars. Let the bars sit for another hour uncovered until the icing is set. Store in an airtight container at room temp up to 3 days.
- To make milk and cereal bars in a 13x9" baking pan, double all quantities. The process remains the same.
- You can substitute salted butter, just leave out the additional salt.
Keywords: cinnamon toast crunch bars no marshmallow, cinnamon toast crunch milk and cereal bars, cereal bar recipe without marshmallows