Loaded Reeses Pieces Brownies
These decedent Reese's Pieces Brownies are loaded with Reese's Pieces AND peanut butter cups. Add a peanut butter swirl and drizzle on top, and it's chocolate peanut butter heaven!
- Author: Kelly @ Butter and Thyme
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 9 large brownies (or 16 small brownies) 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 4 ounces + 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate, chopped, divided (or substitute chocolate chips)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup Reese's Pieces + extra for garnish on top (optional)
- 1/3 cup mini Reese's or chopped Reese's peanut butter cups (or substitute peanut butter chips or extra Reese's Pieces candy)
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons peanut butter, divided
- Make the brownies: Preheat oven to 350 °F and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Combine the following in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment: sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, and 3 tablespoons of warm water. Whisk until light and fluffy and sugar is fully dissolved, about 3-5 minutes on medium speed.
- Melt 4 ounces of chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth, then let cool slightly. Add the melted chocolate and oil to the egg mixture and whisk to combine. Add cocoa powder and flour and gently fold until just combined using a rubber spatula- don’t over-mix! Finally, add the Reese's Pieces and mini Reese's and mix to combine. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Add peanut butter swirl: heat ½ cup peanut butter in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until it's thinner and slightly runny. Place large dollops of peanut butter on top of the batter, then use a butter knife to create a swirl pattern.*
- Bake brownies for ~ 28 min. (or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out mostly clean with moist crumbs) Let cool completely.
- Make peanut butter chocolate drizzle: combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of chopped chocolate and 3 tablespoons of peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir until the chocolate is fully melted and the mixture is smooth. If necessary, microwave for an additional 20-30 seconds after stirring.
- Drizzle the peanut butter chocolate mixture on top of the cooled brownies and top with additional Reese's Pieces and chopped Reese's candy. Slice the brownies into squares and serve.
- See the blog post above for more detailed instructions on how to create a peanut butter swirl pattern in the brownies (with step-by-step photos).
Keywords: brownies with reeses peanut butter cups, reeses brownies recipe