S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a variation on my classic ultimate chocolate chip cookies. They're crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and purposely ever-so-slightly over-baked for that extra campfire-y taste 🙂
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Chill Time: 4 hrs. (up to 24 hrs.)
- Cook Time: 12 min.
- Total Time: 29 minute
- Yield: 18 cookies 1x
- Category: dessert
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 oz dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 9 graham crackers (1 sleeve)
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips, separated
- 3/4 cup marshmallow fluff
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, or in a ziplock bag, grind up 1 sleeve (9) graham crackers until they are finely ground. You should have about 1.5 cups of graham cracker crumbs. Set aside.
- Cream together Crisco and butter for about 2-3 minutes.
- Cream in sugars. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Stir in salt and baking soda, then crushed graham crackers and flour until just combined. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls about 1.5 inch diameter and make an imprint with your thumb. Fill the imprint with 4-5 chocolate chips and a heaping teaspoon of fluff. Top with a tiny bit of cookie dough to partially cover the filling but still see some fluff to make “stuffed”-ish cookie. Refrigerate trays for at least 4 hours, up to 24 hours.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until set around the edges and deep golden brown, rotating sheet halfway through. Cool on pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack.
- If you don't want to use vegetable shortening, you can replace it with an equal amount of butter.
- If you prefer a chewier/ less crispy cookie, take them out a little bit earlier. I would check on them after about 8-10 minutes and see if that looks good to you. Personally, I like the lightly toasted notes these get when you bake them for a couple of extra minutes.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, s'mores cookies, s'mores chocolate chip cookies