Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad
The BEST flavor combo-- chicken bacon ranch-- in the form of a salad (or sandwich! or wrap!) Your new go-to lunch or dinner recipe that's quick & easy to make, healthy-ish, great for meal prep, and infinitely flexible.
- Author: Kelly @ Butter and Thyme
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Quick & Easy Meals, salad
- Method: meal prep
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 lb. cooked chicken breast (or thighs, diced or shredded, crispy or grilled)
- 4 strips (~ 3 oz.) of cooked bacon, roughly chopped
- 4 cups lettuce, i.e. romaine, green leaf, or a spring mix
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (or diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado (optional)
- 1/2 cup cheddar (optional)
- 1/2 cup croutons (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoons ranch dressing (or more)
- Prep salad ingredients: cut lettuce into bite-sized pieces and wash and dry in a salad spinner. Cut cherry tomatoes in half or quarters, if desired. Thinly slice red onions, grate the cheddar, and slice or dice avocado if using.
- Mix salad: in a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except avocado and ranch dressing, reserving a small amount of each garnish on the side. Drizzle about 3 tablespoons of ranch dressing over the top of the salad and toss to combine until evenly coated. Add more ranch dressing, 1 tablespoon at a time, to your liking.
- Top salad with avocado and reserved garnishes, and serve immediately.
- If starting with raw chicken and/or bacon, start by cooking the bacon in a pan until crisp, and draining excess grease on paper towels. You can cook chicken in the same pan after cooking the bacon-- cook to an internal temperature of 165 °F.
Keywords: chicken bacon ranch salad, chicken bacon ranch sandwich, chicken bacon ranch wrap, chicken BLT salad