Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread (Marbled Pumpkin Coffee Loaf Cake)
This marbled pumpkin bread is a spin on Pumpkin Spice Lattes! Coffee is added to half the batter and swirled to create an eye-catching marbled look. Then it's topped with streusel and a delicious maple-coffee glaze. The result is a super-moist loaf cake that's full of fall spices and coffee flavor. A must-try for PSL lovers!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooling Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking, marbling
- Cuisine: American
Marbled Pumpkin Loaf
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- pinch allspice
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water*
- ½ cup flour
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces about ¼ inch
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- ½ teaspoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 teaspoon hot water
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan with vegetable oil spray (or line it with parchment paper.)
- Make the batter: Combine all wet ingredients (excluding the coffee) in a large bowl: eggs, brown sugar, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, melted butter, oil, and buttermilk. Whisk well to combine. In another mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice* and whisk well to combine. Then, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold until just combined.
- Marble the batter: Divide the batter evenly between 2 bowls. Add the coffee to one of the bowls and mix to combine. Place 3 large spoonfuls of the orange pumpkin batter into the loaf pan in a zig-zag. Then place 3 large spoonfuls of the brown coffee batter in an alternating zig-zag, creating a checkered pattern. Repeat in alternating layers until all of the batters are used. Then, use a butter knife to create long swirls in the batter.*
- Make streusel topping: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl using your hands or a pastry cutter until butter is incorporated (the mixture should be clumpy and have a wet sandy texture). Place the streusel on top of the loaf* and bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Make the maple-coffee glaze: in a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. You can add more milk ½ teaspoon at a time to thin it out if needed. Wait until the pumpkin bread is fully cooled (at least one hour) - then drizzle the glaze on top. Then slice and serve!
- As an option, you can use brewed espresso or dark roast coffee instead of prepared instant coffee.
- You can substitute approximately 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice instead of using cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger in the cake batter.
- See the blog post above for more details on swirling the batter to create a marbled appearance.
- To prevent the streusel from sinking, bake the loaf cake without streusel for the first 30 minutes of baking. Then add the streusel and bake for another 30-35 minutes.
Keywords: pumpkin spice latte bread, PSL pumpkin loaf, Marbled Pumpkin Coffee Loaf Cake, pumpkin coffee bread