Whipped Strawberry Pie Bars
These Whipped Strawberry Pie Bars are one of my all time favorite summertime desserts! Smooth, creamy, whipped strawberry filling sits on top of a crunchy salty-sweet graham cracker crust. They're a beautiful bright pink color and bursting with fresh strawberry flavor.
- Prep Time: 30 min.
- Cook Time: 40 min.
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 bars 1x
- Category: dessert
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 1 sleeve (9) graham crackers
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
STRAWBERRY MOUSSE FILLING
- 1.5 lb frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 envelope (2 teaspoons) gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- fresh strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Prepared a 13 x 9 baking pan by lining with aluminum foil, allowing sides to overhang, then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Process cracker pieces in a food processor until finely ground. Add flour, sugar, and salt, and pulse to combine. Slowly add melted butter and pulse until evenly distributed.
- Firmly press crumb mixture in an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the edges are beginning to brown. Cover with foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let crust cool completely.
- Strain strawberries over a bowl, reserving juices. In a small shallow bowl, mix 1 tbsp lemon juice with 2 tbsp reserved strawberry juice and sprinkle gelatin over juices-- let sit for about 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, heat remaining strawberry juice and cook until it reduces to 3 tbsp, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat, add gelatin mixture, and stir until gelatin has dissolved. Add cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Process strained strawberries in food processor until smooth. Add juice-gelatin mixture to processed strawberries and mix until evenly combined.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip heavy cream on medium-low speed for about 1 minute. Increase speed to high and whip until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes longer. Gradually add sugar and salt and whip until stiff peaks form. Whisk whipped cream into strawberry mixture until just combined. Pour mousse evenly over prepared crust and chill for 4-6 hours.
- Slice into bars and serve! Garnish each bar with a fresh strawberry slice (optional).
Keywords: strawberry bars, strawberry dessert bars, strawberry dessert, whipped strawberry pie bars